Re: Troubles with 1.3 ALPHA

Hi Tom,

> I've installed the 1.3 ALPHA on my A4000 with the following config:
>
>    A4000 with 28Mhz Warp Engine
>    250 MB IDE Drive
>    2.0 GB Seagate ST12400N SCSI Drive (ID #2)
>    400 MB Seagate ST1480 SCSI Drive (ID #4)
>    Iomega ZIP drive (ID #5)
>    Toshiba XM-5201TA CD ROM (ID #6)
>    Multiface III Multi IO card
>    Commodore A2060 Arcnet card
>
> and I'm having some trouble when I try running a build of the
> kernel.  The machine seems to hang completely.  Has anyone
> else experienced this?

Sound like you didnt have any swap. Did you install afresh or upgrade?

You need to have a line similar to

/dev/sd0b       none    swap    sw      0 0

in your /etc/fstab, and a

swapctl -A -t blk

in your rc.local (or start it manually as root afterwards) to enable the
swap... swap is no longer autodetected by the kernel on start.

If you upgrade, these things might not be added to your system
configuration... all the /etc stuff needs to be merged into your
configuration manually.

        Ignatios
        Ignatios Souvatzis