Re: ahcisata clearing WDCTL_RST failed

> On 3 Jul 2019, at 23:37, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>> I saw that there is some quirk in ahcisata_pci.c. But what should I change (I can provide PCI id for my controller) ?
>
> Could you try pulling up ahcisata_core.c 1.75 and see if it helps ?

I didn’t know how to pull one file only, so I built a current kernel (8.99.50).

Disk shown in hw.disknames, but fdisk cannot read it:

# fdisk: /dev/rwd0 is not a character device

And dmesg says:

ahcisata0 port 0: device present, speed: 6.0Gb/s
autoconfiguration error: ahcisata0 port 0: clearing WDCTL_RST failed for drive 15
autoconfiguration error: ahcisata0 port 0: drive 15 reset failed, disabling PMP
[…]
ahcisata0 port 0: device present, speed: 6.0Gb/s
wd0 ata atabus0 drive 0
autoconfiguration error: ahcisata0 port 0: clearing WDCTL_RST failed for drive 0
wd0: auto configuration error: IDENTIFY failed
wd0: fixing 0 sector size
wd0: secperunit and cylinders are zero
wd0(ahcisata0:0:0): using PIO mode 0

The WDCTL_RST error is printed twice for same drive, and this drive is called “drive 15” then “drive 0”.

Best,
jym