Re: port-amd64/47782 - ifconfig SIOCSIFMEDIA error with bge

On 5/1/13 10:51 PM, STEPHEN JONES wrote:
On May 1, 2013, at 7:51 PM, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:

Could you show me the full dmesg of the machine with BGE_DEBUG option?
Masa has clarified this as an issue specific the IPMI for the onboard devices
on the
H8SSL (SuperMicro) and likely other boards.  I saw this behavior in 5.x testing
as well,
but it looks like it has been addressed in -current.  Running 6.99.19 on the
same host
showed the bge driver to be robust.  If possible, it would be great to have the
-current
bge code, if it is not too extensive of a change, in the pending release of 6.1.

This might prove very tricky to do; 6.1_RC4 was just released, and 6.1 proper should be out within two weeks. *Possibly* if this is a small, non-risky change. (Luckily, I have some bge(4) boxes to do a little testing on)

Otherwise, there's always 6.2!

+j