Re: Does that work? Intel C204 PCH Chipset on /AMD

Hi there.

Are there any contras on running such a system (apart speed, the
server is for personal use)?

When compared to what? 32 bits?

More in the sense of stability, crashes, reliability. Does it perform or not. Are there known issues. No comparison evolved.

Please answer with Cc to me, I am currently not subscribed.

IMHO the fastest way to check would be an CD/DVD boot or USB.

I don't want to buy the system and then find out, NetBSD wouldn't run or does crash due to issues with the chip set.

The rest depends heavily on the application you run (I am not sure that 32 bits applications will benefit much from running on amd64, except that you may run more of them...)

Yes of course. I was under the impression, NetBSD/AMD is more stable than NetBSD/x86 anyway?

--
Markus Illenseer