Port-alpha archive

Re: Installing NetBSD on DS10 Failing

> Out of curiosity, have you tried letting aceride’s DMA be enabled in your custom kernel config?  As John Klos
> pointed out earlier in this thread, there are some DMA-specific bugs in the “tsp” driver that were fixed.  I’ve
> gone ahead and made the quirk in -current for now, but I’d prefer it not let it proliferate if it is actually working :-)

I'm not sure if you mean the "tsp" fixes are in v10?  I still have to test this.

> (If a DS10 were to fall off a truck in front of my house, and land on a large, soft pile of pillows, of course, this would be so much easier! :-)

I had my company buy a (used) DS10 for a project which has now ended.
So the DS10 sits quietly in my office.  So if you can
supply an install ISO image, I would be happy to test it. My goal is
to get NetBSD up and running on a very basic DS10,
using the built-in "aceride" hardware.

Thanks,
David