Port-alpha archive

Re: NetBSD 10.0_RC1 on AlphaServer DS25... no boot

On 12/30/23 13:45, Jason Thorpe wrote:
  A friend and I were working on an ES40 last night and hit a similar failure.  I'll check with him today and see what the panic was.

Aw rats, really?

(John — sorry, I somehow missed your original mail on the subject…)

12GB installed RAM, is that right?  I will see if I can reproduce with Qemu.

Yes, I'm sorry to say. I'll be back over there later today and will try to get more information. Last night we were running it with a serial terminal (VT220!) so capturing the backtrace wasn't practical.

  The ES40 has four processors and 8GB of RAM.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA