Port-alpha archive

Re: Access to a netbsd/alpha machine

So, if anyone ever wants to do the same,

binutils from 8.0 might encounter a bug in binutils. the workaround
suggested didn't work for me. it looks like,
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-03/msg00219.html

If you'd like to build a new binutils, you will need:
- Disable secure PLT. (we don't support that)
- If running before 9.0, disable initfini array, otherwise constructors
won't run.

Unfortunately my patch doesn't work :)
I keep carrying this patch around (libstdc++ patch)
as well as the environment variables,
ac_cv_func_freelocale=no
ac_cv_func_newlocale=no
ac_cv_func_uselocale=no