Port-alpha archive

Re: NEEDED: -current user willing to test some low-level kernel changes

On 3/22/19 1:01 AM, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> I have low-level kernel changes that touch every platform that I need help testing.  More info here:
>
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2019/02/23/msg024690.html
>
> I've tested them myself on several platforms (amd64, i386, arm, aarch64, sparc, vax), but need help with some others.
>
> This is where you come in!  I'm looking for a volunteer running -current who is willing to:
>
> a) boot a GENERIC kernel that I'll provide
> b) run an ATF unit test that I'll also provide
> c) report the results to me
> d) iterate to fix bugs uncovered by the test as necessary
>
> The Alpha port, in particular, has some challenging bits in this code due to lack of sub-32-bit load/store on the early implementations of the architecture, necessitating some intricate mask-and-shift code to emulate... this is one reason I'd like to make sure to get some real test coverage on Alpha before this goes in.  (Also, I still have a soft spot for Alpha, despite not having had one for many years).
>
> Anyway, I'd really appreciate the help on this...

  I have an AlphaStation-400 (4/233 I think) that I can get out of
storage this weekend for this.

  I've not run -current in probably a decade or more.  Should I start
from -8.0 and install -current atop that?

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA