Port-alpha archive

Re: Is this list alive?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

Subject: Re: Is this list alive?

It is still alive, but not too many people left with Alphas I would guess.

alpha-wise, I'm down to the 1000A, a 3000/400, and some multias of
various repair.  The 1000A continues to be my primary machine; the rest
are collecting dust.

I'm still running a PC164 at home, and one of my CS20 systems is running in my office. I have a 1000A, but haven't powered it up recently. Rennovations to the building, including an "updated and improved" HVAC system have rather decreased the cooling in my office, so I don't have as many machines running as I used too, plus I don't seem to have much spare time to play with the alphas. I also no longer have access to the ES40 and ES45 systems we used to have at work (and never even got to try much of anything with the ES47 systems). The ES40 was nice because it had 4 cpus and could show up multi-processor problems faster than my CS20, and it had the remote console capability.

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant