Port-alpha archive

Re: magic switch to ARC console?

Earlier today, I wrote, of my PWS 600au,

> Okay, today I pulled the machine apart, popped out the CPU/memory/etc
> board, and replaced the battery.

> Now it won't enter _either_ console.  [...]

Boy, do I feel stupid now.

I must have had the serial line plugged into the wrong serial port.  It
came up in ARC very nicely on the correct port (and, yes, plugged into
the wrong port I still see the behaviour I described).

And, the new battery does its job.  I switched from ARC to SRM and the
setting survived a power-cycle just fine.  The machine is once again
happily running NetBSD.

My thanks to everyone who replied and my apologies for the noise on the
list when it was really me being boneheaded.

\ / Ribbon Campaign