Port-alpha archive

Re: can't reboot after running a 5.0 kernel

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 07:27:14PM -0500, Chuck Cranor wrote:
> My userland is a 4.0 one, in case that matters.

I think userland version does matter, because the only place
cpu_setfunc() is called is from sys/compat/sa/compat_sa.c ... so
you need a binary that uses the SA version of threads in order to
hang your system...  like one from 4.0.

I don't think a 5.0 threaded program would use the code in
compat_sa.c?   So cpu_setfunc() wouldn't get called in that case.

Here's a static linked 4.0 version of dig that hangs my netbsd-5
alpha kernel:

        http://yogi.pdl.cmu.edu/~chuck/tmp/dig.static.gz

in case anyone wants to try it.

chuck