Port-alpha archive

Re: Configuring Serial Printer - DEC 3000 Model 700 / NetBSD V4.0

>> # lpq
>> # Warning: lp queue is turned off
>> Warning:: not found

> that looks fishy to me.  But the ": not found" doesn't seem to come
> from lpd itself

I think it's probably coming from the shell.  That looks as though the
string "Warning: lp queue is turned off" got fed to the shell as a
command.  The shell, naturally enough, couldn't find any command named
"Warning:", so it printed the message it usually does under those
circumstances.  (How that string got fed to the shell as command input
is a separate issue.)

Whether any of this has anything to do with the printing problem is, of
course, another question - and one I'm not competent to speak to.  It's
been *ages* since I used anything lprish.

\ / Ribbon Campaign