Port-alpha archive

Re: ES45 and SMP?

On Sep 4, 2008, at 4:07 PM, Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:
However for CPU cycles vs. power consumption these days the AMD server chips might have a lower cost to operate (and take up less space! :-)).

Can we yet run them in "native" mode, or are we stuck with the crufty 30+ year old x86 architecture? If the latter, I'll stick with Alphas and UltraSPARCs. ;)

  BTW, hi Greg, glad to see you're still breathing!

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL