Subject: Re: X weirdness (TGA2, AS600, -current)
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/16/2002 08:34:39
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:23:28PM -0400, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:

> On 1018595623 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> "Jarkko Teppo" wrote:
> >

> This actually is starting to sound like a sync-on-green issue,
> since you are getting the wrong colours in a sort of `things look
> more green' way.
>
> the cmap program that I posted to this list can be found at the
> mailing list archives:
>
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2000/08/22/0001.html
>
> and I enclose it as an attachment.

Ok, thanks for the help! I'll try the program if I get any free time,
probably today. Interestingly enough I got an older card (3D10, DC21030?)
to work just fine with -noaccel. All the colors look good and it's
stable too. I ran into some permission problems though, the same as in:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2000/11/22/0010.html

ie. XalphaNetBSD was suid-root but digging in with gdb and ktrace
showed that it couldn't open none of the proper files (/dev/ttyE0, mouse,
keyboard etc). The only way I got it working for non-root was removing
the suid-bit and getting very liberal with permissions in /dev.

Anyway, I'll change the cards tonight and I'll try the kernel patch + cmap.
Thanks for all the help!
--
jht