Subject: Re: Alpha Xserver for MGA?
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Stephen Degler <sdegler@degler.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/06/2002 20:06:56
Hi,

I was able to build the server,  but it locks the system
up hard.   There is nothing  but the X startup on the screen,

% startx

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 23 January 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: NetBSD/alpha 1.5ZA [ELF] The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Wed Feb  6 19:43:33 2002
(==) Using config file: "/etc/XF86Config"
xf86OpenConsole

I'm going to double check my patching a later tonight, but does anyone
have any ideas?

My system is running -current , updated just a few days ago, and a current
kernel as well.  Its rock solid otherwise.   My kernel conf is generic
+ kernfs , procfs, and ipsec.  I'm not using ipsec at the moment.

Thanks, for all the helpful responses BTW,
skd