Port-acorn32 archive

Re: Booting on RiscPC

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019, Mike Pumford wrote:
On 25/03/2019 21:22, Mike Pumford wrote:
On 25/03/2019 19:09, Mike Pumford wrote:
I'm in the process of setting up a more up to date current tree for myself where I'll apply these patches and see what happens.

Well I got a kernel with patches booting and got the same division by zero panic you did. However I had a working keyboard so was able to get a backtrace.

Division by zero is in statclock (called from hardclock().

There also seems to be something really bad in the podule detection code as it didn't pick up any of the podules properly. :(

I'll keep on diggind and see if I can work it out.

Well the good new is that I've got a booting kernel.

You need an updated version of the timerfix.patch (attached). Division by zero was in setstatclockrate() and has been there forever.

I must admit to potentially wasting some of your time with my most recent reports. It turns out I was booting with -d (drop to ddb) which I'd added during a previous round of debugging, so I was notseeing a panic at this point.
However, I was originally seeing the panic you've fixed I believe.

I've built a -current kernel with timerfix.patch from this mail and irqfix.patch from http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-acorn32/2019/03/25/msg000079.html

I can confirm this boots fine, but the keyboard is still messed up. For example:
z = [[
x = gg
c = ff
s = ]]
b = mm
1 = uu
n = nn

For each keypress, I get two incorrect characters.

--
Stephen