Re: Zabbix update?

Havard Eidnes <he%uninett.no@localhost> writes:

>> If possible, include as many options as possible in the default server
>> options.  Definitely the ones you've called out: mysql, pgsql,
>> sqlite3, ldap, curl, and snmp.
>
> Is the choice of database a possible config-time option, i.e. can
> the server be compiled with several different DB backends?

Some programs allow multiple at config time and selection at run time.

The problem with enabling mysql and pgsql by default is that those tend
to be large and unwanted by other people.

My view is that for the server package itself, it's not a big deal to
have to build it, and for the code that goes on many systems is far more
important to have a binary.

The hard question is what will trigger having to build it for who....