RE: conditionally "dependent", by license?

> Having options flipped based on licenses would lead to non-repeatable
> builds.  Now, the build comes out a certain way, or packages fail to
> build.  I think this kind of reproducible result (subset) is a feature.

This is the major point that came to my mind as well, but I thought perhaps I
was missing something.

> So far, the only cases that have come up where it's been difficult is
> mplayer, which has non-free plugins and might or might not be free
> itself, and (in the past) graphviz.
>
> It would help to discuss an actual case, rather than theoretical ones,
> because the appropriate solution may be entirely different.

The actual case is wip/classic-mac-font-pack which I've been working on for a
little while now. It's a collection of fonts from disparate sources. (Thus far
I'd been working on the technical aspects, not license concerns.) Recently I
found urbanrenewal-ttf, which is a natural fit here, and since it is already a
set on its own I packaged it. Now the thought of how to get the various
licenses to "play nice" has come to the forefront.

I was hoping to avoid, if at all possible, having to package each font
separately. But due to license issues, I am not seeing any way around it. CMFP
will have to be a meta-package.

Tim