[Fwd: pkgsrc: wip/nzbget]

Hello All,

since quite some time now, there is a package nzbget (version 0.2.3) in
pkgsrc-wip.
It has been outdated by a number of new versions of nzbget, which is at
version 0.7 now.

I have taken the liberty of packaging the new version (which introduced a
new dependency, libpar2). Since the dependency was not satisfiable by
pkgsrc's devel/par2 package, I packaged libpar2, too.

I will commit the latter one right after sending this email, as both
packages have been tested and installed on several machines for me.

What I am unsure of is what to do about nzbget itself. The current
package-maintainer is Martijn van Buul, whom I have contacted about a week
ago, without receiving any kind of response so far. See the mail attached
below.

I don't want a hostile take-over or anything even remotely alike, but I
would like to see the nzbget-package being up-to-date. My suggestion is
therefore, to commit my changes and add me as a co-maintainer, if that is
fine with the rest.

- Volkmar