Re: commit message

Hello,

> > When I commit, no editor gets popped up for me to enter a log message.
>
> > ==============================================================================
> > root@vaio:/usr/current/pkgsrc/wip# cvs commit pstotext
> > schaecsn%pkgsrc-wip.cvs.sourceforge.net@localhost's password:
> > Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
> > forwarding.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It
> looks like you tried to use graphical vi application, it failed to start
> but exits with exited with status 0 (success). Try to use ncurses-based
> editor.  I know nothing about vi, so colsult manuals.

My vi is terminal based. It popped up to enter a message for a newly added file
hacks.mk. Vi didn't pop up to enter a log message for the updated files.

I get this xauth message because I enable X11Forwarding in ssh.conf. In an
despairate attempt, I will disable it for now. Let's see what happens when I
next commit some changes.

> > I've also set these environment variables:
>
> > ==============================================================================
> > export CVSROOT="anoncvs%anoncvs.NetBSD.org@localhost:/cvsroot"
> > export CVS_RSH="ssh"
> > export EDITOR=vi
>
> > Any idea what I do wrong?
>
> Also check CVSEDITOR variable.

# alias CVSEDITOR
bash: alias: CVSEDITOR: not found
# echo $CVSEDITOR

#

It's not set, so EDITOR, e.g. vi, should be used.

 Stefan