kopete (KDE 4.3.0) and Yahoo

Hi,

Beginning with KDE4, I have been unable to connect to the Yahoo messenger with
kopete.  I always get a "There was an error while connecting <user name> to
the Yahoo server. Error message: 17 - remote host closed connection" error
message.  Because there are several KDE bug reports on similar issues, I have
not attempted track this down before.  With the KDE 4.3.0 release, however, it
appears that most (all?) of these issues are considered resolved -- yet I
still cannot connect.  A packet trace shows that kopete does not even attempt
to authenticate.  The *total* set of packets are

client -> yahoo: SYN
yahoo -> client: SYN, ACK
client -> yahoo: ACK
client -> yahoo: FIN, ACK
yahoo -> client: ACK
yahoo -> client: FIN, ACK
client -> yahoo: ACK

I also traced the connect sequence from pidgin (which works fine) and it sends
a version 16 authentication sequence starting after the first client -> yahoo
ACK.

In order to perhaps narrow down what could be causing this problem I'm looking
for reports on other people's experiences.  When does it work, when does it
not, any workarounds, other clients OK?  I am using NetBSD current / amd64
behind a firewall with NAT.

Thanks,
Sverre