Re: Moving wip to Subversion

grant beattie writes:
- one small usage example is that if wip were in !cvs, the convenience
- of having "cvs update" in pkgsrc/ also update the wip/ directory would
- be lost. that's a reasonable downside, imho.

        I'm not sure loosing this capability is a reasonable
downside for me.  Having wip under pkgsrc (and suitable keys)
allows me to update both trees that I'm using software out of
with one ``cvs update'' command.  Then I can easily run pkg_chk
to update all the related packages.

        Unless there are some _very_ compelling features that we
can gain, I'd say "No".

        (no, "it's new" is not a compelling feature. :-)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com