Re: CVS commit: wip/smc

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 06:51:52PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> The package has:
>
> /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
>
> ${INSTALL_DATA} -m0555 ${WRKDIR}/smc-exec.sh ${PREFIX}/bin/smc
>
> But INSTALL_DATA already has -m ${SHAREMODE}
>
> If you want executable, use INSTALL_SCRIPT.
>
> (And if ever needed, don't hard-code 0555, just use ${BINMODE}.)
>
> I am not ready to try the package yet, due to all the  -m0666 and -m0777
> in the installation.

Ok, thanks for this info!

There's now a workaround to this problem using a script.

So, you may try it now ;).

> (Maybe this had been discussed already on some smc forum or list?)

Yes, there has been already a discussion:
http://www.secretmaryo.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113

As soon as a solution gets applied to the game itself, the script can be
changed or dropped.

--
hernani