Re: Problems with PATH while building p5-Imager package

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 01:37:08PM -0500, Roman Kulik wrote:
> I've been trying to get wip/p5-Imager to work but ran into a very strange
> problem.
>
> It appears like pkgsrc appends some temporary directories to the front of
> the PATH.  It looks like adding one of the temporary directories in front
> of the path causes Perl's build engine not to find the header files it
> needs in compilation.

Not quite.

I already fixed it in CVS.

The problem was that when you link against a library in pkgsrc,
you have to include the package's buildlink3.mk file. Otherwise
pkgsrc hides the header files and libraries and you get errors
like the one you saw.

Chapter 11 of the pkgsrc guide has more information on this,
please read it.

Cheers,
 Thomas