Re: New packages and question about BUILDLINK_DEPENDS

  BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.libmemcache+= libmemcache>=1.4.0.b5

In theory, pkg version compare gets beta right, but that looks odd.

BUILDLINK_DEPENDS should (IMHO) really be about API version, but in
practice it's also a bit about whether a particular version is
adequate.  So if the API hasn't changed recently, I'd depend on the
oldest version with the right API.  I view someone needing to update a
package because it's old as a separate issue from a depending package
refusing to use it.  But I suspect my view is a bit unorthodox.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>