Re: How to update?

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Amadeus Stevenson wrote:

> cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
> cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvs01703b
>
> After I try cvs commit and have run:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:amadeus_z%cvs.sourceforge.net@localhost:/cvsroot/pkgsrc-wip
> login
>
> Without CVSROOT, but with CVS_RSH=ssh

Try with:

-d :ext:amadeus_z%cvs.sf.net@localhost:/cvsroot/pkgsrc-wip

instead of using pserver method.

> Also I manually rm -r'd the patches directory and as such lost the CVS
> bit inside, so cannot remove the patches/patch-aa etc. How can I
> rectify this without overwriting the new Makefile, PLIST etc. I have?

Do a "cvs up -dP" and it will readd the directories and patches. And it
will attempt to merge in any changes. (cvs update does not overwrite.)

Then manually review (and maybe re-edit) your files. Then delete the
files. And then do a "cvs rm" with the same files names (and then "cvs
commit" with those filenames).

 Jeremy C. Reed

                         http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/