Re: pkgsrc-wip NetBSD 2.0.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-06-16

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 17:49, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> I was very disturbed to discover that, in addition to nagios being no

Ack! It turns out pkgsrc still contains "Netsaint".

Anyway, here's the build error:

root@deadset:/home/lavalamp/nagios-plugins-1.4# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in intl
Making all in lib
make  all-am
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I../intl     -g -O2 -MT
mountlist.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/mountlist.Tpo" -c -o mountlist.o
mountlist.c;  then mv -f ".deps/mountlist.Tpo" ".deps/mountlist.Po";
else rm -f ".deps/mountlist.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
mountlist.c: In function `fstype_to_string':
mountlist.c:187: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:203: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:207: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:211: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:215: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:223: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:227: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:231: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:235: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:239: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:243: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:247: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:251: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:255: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c:263: error: case label does not reduce to an integer
constant
mountlist.c: At top level:
mountlist.c:274: warning: `struct statfs' declared inside parameter list
mountlist.c:274: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declaration, which is probably not what you want
mountlist.c: In function `fsp_to_string':
mountlist.c:279: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mountlist.c: In function `read_filesystem_list':
mountlist.c:387: warning: passing arg 1 of `getmntinfo' from
incompatible pointer type
mountlist.c:390: error: increment of pointer to unknown structure
mountlist.c:390: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
mountlist.c:392: warning: passing arg 1 of `fsp_to_string' from
incompatible pointer type
mountlist.c:395: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mountlist.c:396: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /home/lavalamp/nagios-plugins-1.4/lib
*** Error code 1

-----------

After a bit of research, it turns out that it was indeed a major NetBSD
kernel change from statfs to statvfs back in 2004Q2 as discussed here:

http://www.netbsd.org/Foundation/reports/2004Q2.html#statvfs

Other known tickets include:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2004/05/05/0009.html

It seems that it was a very common problem.  However, based on the above
PR, we can deduce a resolution based on
pkgsrc/sysutils/coreutils/patches*

pkgsrc/pkgsrc.txt doesn't really have mention any known work-arounds so
we'll just have to dig through the code.

Sleep now in the fire,
~BAS