Re: Failures in pkgsrc-wip

At 18:10 Uhr +0200 23.4.2005, Krister Walfridsson wrote:
>wip/nnrpd
>   warning: "eval "perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts"" returned non-zero
>status

Krister,

does your bulk build attempt to build wip/nnrpd on a system without perl?
If yes, that's noted in the TODO as a known issue.

The problem is caused by the following entry in INN's config.data file:

##  How do you get the PERL libraries?  This version of INN has Perl dynamic
##  and run 'perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts'.  Paste its output below.
#### =()<PERL_LIB       @<PERL_LIB>@>()=
PERL_LIB        @PERL_LDOPTS@

To substitute @PERL_LDOPTS@, I had to resort to

# How do we know we have perl? Catch22...
PERL_LDOPTS!=           eval "perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts"

in the pkg Makefile which of course conflicts with properly detecting an
installed perl.

Does anyone know of a better way to obtain the output of 'perl
-MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts'?

        hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign