devel/gettext problem

Hello

wip/gtk-gnutella-current now requires a newer msgfmt (comes with
gettext) than what is currently in NetBSD base. Is there a knob to turn
in my package Makefile that solves this problem for me? A builtin that I
can not seem to find?

I have made some feeble tries but right now the requirement for a
successful build is that devel/gettext is installed in the same run as
gtk-gnutella-current..

Best regards
        Lars Nordlund