Re: [retro] darwin/ppc status report

On 2024-04-21 23:07, nia wrote:
A good test case for pkgsrc's legacy support.

[...]

Getting this far has taken lots of work. All in all, though,
considering this platform is 20 years old, and this is by some
definitions "bleeding edge software", a pretty impressive
show by pkgsrc.

More reading: https://www.NetBSD.org/~nia/tigersrc/

Awesome, thanks for the work and the write-up!

I am especially surprised python 3.10 still builds - back when I tried, I didn't get further than 3.7...

For those who run ppc Powerbooks: Get an msata- or m2-IDE adapter and flash storage. It makes for a world of difference over spinning rust.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344