Re: Bikeshedding a name for pkgsrc's unbranded Firefox

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
> Recently a few reviews have noted being very confused by our version
> of Firefox being called Nightly (even the extended support versions!)
>
> Changing this is really quite trivial, I have a few proposals you
> can vote on here:
>
> https://www.rcv123.org/ballot/kqm4LGKH5yKXsqZg857ChY
>
> Please rank your choices in order of preference.

I voted, but I must admit that I found only two of the choices
feasible/probable.

Personally, I'd be more inclned to choose "NetFox" and "NetBird" for
Firefox and Thunderbird, respectively (trying to keep it simple and
thematic).

(Although pkgsrc isn't only for NetBSD, pkgsrc was nevertheless created
by NetBSD developers, at least originally, if I'm not mistaken.)

> Mostly, they are inspired by this image of a prairie dog which some
> of us have taken up as an "unofficial NetBSD mascot":
>
> http://netbsd.org/~nia/prairiedog.jpg

A nice photo!