Re: Perl Elasticsearch client p5-Search-Elasticsearch and older stacks

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 at 15:24, Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> wrote:

[snip]

>> An aside, the error that will get shown to the end using program can be
>> quite wrong, as a lot of the internal users in the perl Elasticsearch
>> client code itself are not expecting ProductCheck to be tossed at that
>> point and you are often just presented with a generic "No Nodes are
>> available" error is tossed back to your program and not ProductCheck.
>
> Would it be reasonable to switch it to "warn log and continue" rather
> than throw?

I wouldn't do that... but I am a bit jaded about this...  extra noise
back to the calling program is probably not desirable and I have not
audited everything to see if a warm would be handled anyway.  I am
mostly sitting this out there because the message that you will likely
get back with the calling programs does not really indicate what the
problem actually is.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org