Re: gtk4 fails to build on non eGL platforms

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 04:44:29PM +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
>> I always interpreted this particular error as "this code insists
>> on using GL of a generation which is not available on this
>> platform".
>
> Yes :-)

Whwn I say "insists", it implies there is no conditional.  And
doing "make configure" results in this sequence at the top of the
egl_generated.h file:

#pragma once
#include <inttypes.h>
#include <stddef.h>

#include "epoxy/common.h"
#include "epoxy/gl.h"
#include "EGL/eglplatform.h"

So ... no conditional, hence "insists".

> But gtk4 not building kills lots of other pkgs, and it seems like a big
> issue to me, so I kinda assume there is an option "somewhere" and it
> just needs to be turned off for powerpc on NetBSD.

Yep, I know, but I've considered this particular problem to be
larger than what is "easily fixable".

> I'm also not sure why we don't support eGL there (but that is
> not a pkgsrc question).

Right.  Is there perhaps a dependency on DRM?

Regards,

- Håvard