Re: Adding native audio support to ports

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024, adr wrote:
Although it is a good idea to try to achieve the latency like in
the alsa code in pcaudiolib (I did it already)

Hum..., I've been reading dev/audio.c and it's clear that the water
marks are not used as I expected. I thought they could be used to
change the latency per application (<= hw.audioX.blk_ms) moving
hiwat-lowat buffer blocks to the output buffer only when the user
buffer reaches the high mark (or there is no more input) and forcing
the audio buffer to be drained. But it behaves in a different way.
I'm curious, has someone an example of a practical use of these
water marks?

adr