Re: Committer Request - wip/newsraft

Kevin Bloom <kevin.bloom%posteo.net@localhost> writes:

> I've finished my work with wip/newsraft. It's a terminal RSS feed
> reader. I've believe that it is ready for commit so if anyone is
> able to do this for me, that would be greatly appreciated.
>
> As a note, the Makefile has a few DEPENDS even for some of the
> libraries that are bl3'd this is because the documentation stated
> that they are runtime depends and, I found through testing, that
> they are actually needed at runtime.

This seems off.  A buildlink3 results in a full depends, normally, and
one uses DEPENDS for packages that must be present at runtime but which
are not used at build time.

I personally like to put TOOL_DEPENDS earlier, right after the block
with the USE_TOOLS line, because it is sort of like "USE_TOOLS, but for
a tool we don't have explicit support for".

It's odd that sqlite3 is DEPENDS but not bl3, but if the program runs
the sqlite3 binary and does not link to the lib, it is ok.

As for pax, I know we tend to do that.  I do wonder what others think
about interaction with INSTALL_* and ending up with the right metadata
about ownership.

Plus, the distfile doesn't fetch.