Re: Trimming libreoffice languages?

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
Paul Ripke <stix%stix.id.au@localhost> writes:

I was wondering why libreoffice takes so long to build...

With '--with-lang="ALL"':

Information for libreoffice-7.6.4.1:

Size of this package in bytes: 3623759518

With '--with-lang="EN-gb"':

Information for libreoffice-7.6.4.1:

Size of this package in bytes: 849183632

(to be fair, one is amd64, the 2nd is aarch64)

Apart from PLIST pain, anyone in favour of making languages configurable?

If languages are configurable, I feel that it is difficult to
use static PLIST.

I see some positive replies to your suggestion.
I will try to make misc/libreoffice's language support configurable.

I suggest separating out the help into a different package. With Windows LibreOffice, the help installer is separate from the main installer (one per language). It may be worth making that help package support configurable languages, but probably not. I've always found on-line help to be better than the bundled help.

--
Stephen