Re: Updating mbrola (again)

adr <adr%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2024, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Are you saying it is ready for hoisting to pkgsrc?  Running pkglint in
>> wip/mbrola I see some errors:
>>
>>  ERROR: patches/patch-Misc_common.h:3: Each patch must be documented.
>>  WARN: COMMIT_MSG: Every work-in-progress package should have a COMMIT_MSG file.
>>
>> and the patch adds a hunk which seems not necessary for pkgsrc (checking
>> if two endians are defined).
>
> This was the simple solution, believe me.

Right now, I don't.  If you want to add a comment that would cause
someone to believe you, please add it.  My point is that adding a hunk
with an explicit error for something that shouldn't happen seems odd.
And as a reviewer I'm not ok with odd thing that are not adequately
explained.   But you need to explain it to upstream when you file the
bug report with patch, so it's not about me.