Re: ssl.SSLCertVerificationError when a build process tries to download sources

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 04:21:33PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> In wip/py-dd, the build process tries to download some additional sources,
> which is when I get this error ssl.SSLCertVerificationError
>
> See TODO in wip/py-dd for the details.
>
> Please suggest how to avoid this error.

No package should download data during the build.
Data should be downloaded in the 'fetch' stage instead.

Here it looks like cudd should be packaged as a separate package and
provided as dependency. You'll have to check if the upstream build
system supports this, and ask upstream to support it if not.

Btw, please use TOOL_DEPENDS instead of BUILD_DEPENDS for py-cython.
 Thomas