Re: [pkgsrc-2023Q4] x11/qt6-qtbase builds with too many files

On Sun 31 Dec 2023 at 13:53:12 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> I haven't researched yet further what causes this; maybe some other
> people see this too?

It is likely because I use native X but with MesaLib from pkgsrc
(because once upon a time this was required for something and I didn't
research if I could switch back):

PREFER.MesaLib = pkgsrc
PREFER.libdrm = ${PREFER.MesaLib}       # req'd by MesaLib
PREFER.glu = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # automatically correct for most; req'd for xscreensaver
PREFER.glew = ${PREFER.MesaLib}
PREFER.gle = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # req'd by xscreensaver
# GL (MesaLib), gle and glu should generally match up, PREFER-wise.

In the conditional part of the x11/qt6-qtbase/Makefile,

.  if !empty(MESALIB_SUPPORTS_EGL:Myes)
PLIST.egl=      yes
EGL_EXT_FILE=   cat ${X11BASE}/include/EGL/eglext.h
.    if exists(${X11BASE}/include/EGL/eglext.h) && !empty(EGL_EXT_FILE:sh:MEGL_DRM_MASTER_FD_EXT)
PLIST.egldevice=        yes
.    endif
.  endif

at the very least it is picking the wrong version of eglext.h. One would
think that the condition should use BUILDLINK_PREFIX.MesaLib instead of
X11BASE, but alas, according to `make show-all | grep MesaLib` this
variable is undefined (in x11/qt6-qtbase).

The outer condition also seems to do something strance, since I seem to
recall that some of the "extra" files were guarded in the PLIST by
${egl} but showing the value of MESALIB_SUPPORTS_EGL suggests that the
test should pass.

So for now I have eliminated the conditions here. If this gets it wrong
in a later version there would be PLIST errors again to bring this to
my attention.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose