Re: Trying to build exiv2-0.82.0nb3 on aarch64

"David H. Gutteridge" <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost> writes:

> I think probably anyone who wants better aarch64 support should stick
> with NetBSD 10 at this point. (Though I realize the downgrade to 9.3
> was for testing purposes.) So the simple answer would be: go back to
> 10 (or 10.99.2 to test), don't use the GCC from pkgsrc for anything,
> and it should "just work".

Agreed, and I was trying to say that.  The standard approach is starting
to be "run NetBSD 10" even though it isn't actually released.  Running
current is asking for a bit of trouble; if you can resolve it, that's
totally fine of course.  And 9 is suffering from having too old a base
compiler relative to how people that release software think it's ok to
set requirements - it was released almost 4 years ago.