Re: wip/jed and wip/xjed committer request

Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> As a general rule, I'll commit a non-release if it contains an important
> security or bug fix, but generally stick to releases if it's practical.
> However, I often see long lags between releases in the scientific
> packages I maintain, and users often require the latest features, so
> there is little choice in these cases.
>
> Might be good to open an issue with upstream and suggest doing frequent
> releases for the sake of package maintainers.

Thanks for this bit of insight, J.

I appreciate this community's willingness to give in-depth
explanations, when folks ask a questions. Even offering one's
personal opinion or suggestion gives novices, such as myself, to
the ecosystem a better feel of how things work 'round here.