Re: Bootstrapping on KISS GNU/Linux

On 11/9/23 16:41, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:
On 09-11-2023 16:30, Jason Bacon wrote:
Somehow it seems that bootstrap is failing to create directories like
bin and etc under ${PREFIX} on this distro.

Installing gawk allows this to work. In addition fixing /dev using
Michael Forney's suggestion solved the issues fully. (You could possibly
add a check for /dev/null working properly to the script, but I imagine
this case might be a relatively rare one.)

I think the lack of /dev should be considered an OS bug, so I'm not
inclined to add a check for it.  If you can demonstrate that this is an
intentional feature that exists for good reason, I'd consider it.

I guess most systems will have gawk or a comparable tool available or
the busybox implementation doesn't cut it?

I think the /dev fix is probably sufficient.  Based on the error
messages I saw, it looks like bootstrap will install nawk itself if
necessary, but couldn't because of the /dev problem.

Best,