Re: Bootstrapping on KISS GNU/Linux

On 09-11-2023 01:11, Michael Forney wrote:
As for why /dev is failing to mount, the error `No such device` leads
me to think that your kernel is built without CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y, but
the boot script requires it. Though I can't tell for sure since the
kernel is also built without an embedded config. I booted with another
kernel, and this seemed to solve the boot errors and pkgsrc bootstrap
failure.

Thanks that was indeed the problem!! Thank you so much for the elaborate explanation. I rebuilt the kernel with CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y and the issue is fully resolved now!

It seems odd how much I managed to run without /dev/null and probably other devices not being in place...