Re: Committer Request for wip/badwolf

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, October 23rd, 2023 at 3:42 AM, Kevin Bloom <kevin.bloom%posteo.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently built the latest version of badwolf and have committed it
> to wip. It appears to be functioning as expected and I believe it is ready
> for merging to -current. One of the more notable changes for package
> maintainers is the use of `ninja` for building. I looked
> at a few examples of how other projects use devel/ninja-build and I believe
> I've done it correctly. If that isn't the case let me know.
>
> For information about this release: https://hacktivis.me/releases/badwolf-1.3.0.txt
>
> If anyone sees anything incorrect about my recipe, let me know!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kev

First of all, thank you for doing this.
I've been procrastinating about this update for a few weeks now but, never got to it.
Mainly because webkit-gtk is rather outdated and I don't know enough about it to bring it up-to-date.
It's a massive codebase.

With that out of the way, a few comments.

1) PKGREVISION
Please don't use this on a newly imported package.
PKGREVISION is for revisions that somehow change the package content of an already existing package version.
Also, in wip, I tend not to use it at all but you can do it if you want.
So, as this is the initial import, please remove PKGREVISION.

2) DEPENDS+= ninja-build ...
You have this in two places. Please remove on of the entries, there's no need for dupplication.

3) DEPENDS+= ninja-build ... again
Is ninja-build really a runtime dependency?
If not (which I suspect is the case), if it is only a build dependency, please use TOOL_DEPENDS instead of DEPENDS

Else, it looks good to me.

Regards