Re: What binary packages for 10 amd64 / i386?

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I am looking at setting up amd64 and i386 VMs with binary packages. It
> looks to me as if there are no good choices to do that at the moment:

There is a partial build of amd64/10 uploaded, but it isn't finished.

> - there are no 10.0_2023Q3 builds, but that’s not what I am complaining about.

are you asking about 9 packages to run on 10 then?

> - the 9.0_2023Q3 subdirectories exist but contain no packages.

The bulk builder for i386/x86_64 is well known to be quite slow

> - 9.0_2023Q2 does contain packages but there is no compat90 so I assume there will be problems with libraries, such as OpenSSL.

I don't immediately see why you expect compat90 in 9, but I guess I can
see the 'run on 10' point.

compat90 shows as:

  ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM=      NetBSD-9.99.*-* NetBSD-[1-9][0-9].*-*

> There was a recent change on the Q3 branch to allow a compat90 package to appear IIRC. Should I wait for a build with compat90 then?

You can very likely just build that package, and then install Q2 netbsd-9
binaries.