Re: Qt6 (x11/qt6-qtbase) fails to build with gcc12

* On 2023-10-07 at 22:51 BST, matthew green wrote:

i'm not too familiar with the pkgsrc gcc12 so i don't know why this is
the case, and it seems to pass "--enable-shared" when configuring so
i'd expect it to be installed.

The GCC packages have some logic that compares the pkgsrc libgcc to a native one, and if it's the same or older than the native one it is deleted.

I don't like this logic at all, and said at the time it was introduced, so I at least got it disabled by default on SunOS so that I was unaffected. I presume NetBSD people are happy with it.

That said, it seems like it clearly has a bug, and I would recommend NetBSD folks investigate mk/scripts/larger_symbol_version.awk to see why it's removing a GCC 12 libgcc when native has 10.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com