Re: gcc12 incompatible with ctfconvert?

* On 2023-10-03 at 19:34 BST, Rhialto wrote:

On Tue 03 Oct 2023 at 17:01:20 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
Does it actually work in any sane way? Does gdb support CTF? It is not
documented.

I don't know. The ctwm upstream wants to use CTF to support DTrace.
It does that if it detects ctfconvert and ctfmerge.
Using gcc12 as compiler breaks this. We have to fix this one way or
another.

The latest version of the proposed patch enables _OPSYS_SUPPORTS_CTF
only .if exists(/usr/bin/ctfconvert); that same condition is already
used to set TOOLS_PLATFORM.ctfconvert (or not).

Your patch for _OPSYS_SUPPORTS_CTF seems reasonable. I'd add that, and separately patch out any calls to ctfconvert/ctfmerge from ctwm's Makefiles.

That will also help illumos, which does not use ctfmerge.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com