Re: rust-bin fails on netbsd-9 i386

>> (b) Rebuilding the rust bootstrap with --static-libgcc
>>     --static-libstdc++ in LDFLAGS
>
> I'll put it on the TODO list.  If it was easy to do it would
> already be done.  The rust build infrastructure is ... different.

This made me recall this one, from wiz@:

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/45084

However, reading up on -static-libgcc in gcc(1), I see there are
caveats if the program uses exceptions, basically that they don't
work across different shared libraries unless you use the shared
libgcc(?)

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the innards of rust to tell if
it depends on this functionality.

Regards,

- Håvard