Re: lxqt crashing (Was: NetBSD 10 packages)

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 at 18:47:56 +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sept 2023 at 19:16, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

FYI, I've retested sysutils/desktop-installer using the latest
smartos.org packages with the latest NetBSD 10.0-BETA.  The setup
process is now running smoothly.

XFCE and Mate are working very well (though Mate power manager crashes).

LXQT is still borked. Instead of the desktop hanging, lxqt-panel is now crashing.

LXDE was working last time I checked, though upstream support is minimal.

I haven't tried Gnome or KDE recently.

I'm also seeing lxqt crashing on NetBSD-10 with a popup window:
"Panel crashed too many times. Its autorestart has been disabled until
next log in."

Just to eliminate netbsd-9 vs netbsd-10 issues, is anyone running
recent lxqt on netbsd-9?

If you mean the most recent state of LXQt as a release (generally
1.3.0), as last updated by pin@ in April, then yes, as running on
9.3_STABLE. If you mean "recent" as in "recent state of all of pkgsrc
dependencies outside of LXQt itself", then, no, some are probably out
of date by several months. With this particular setup, I see no issues
with crashes (it's running right now).

I generally build (in a sandboxed pbulk environment) each DE after a
major update, targeting netbsd-9. If pin@ is handling an LXQt update
(we are co-maintainers, effectively), then I will be testing along
with him, in the background.

I don't think that necessarily means it "just works" in netbsd-9.
It could be several factors, including I have a very old profile that
has been defined since we originally imported LXQt. I am also using
xfce4-wm as its WM, not openbox, as I feel that's a better choice.
More testing is most welcome!

Dave