Re: pango fails to build on netbsd-9?

On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 10:53:58AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
> > Many people will disagree with the idea that a VCS not setting some
> > file attributes has a bug.
>
> Perhaps, but all the ones in use in the open-source world do this reliably.

Yes, enough for this case: file contentent plus execute permission is
preserved by all of them, some (like cvs) set more mode bits sometimes
(like in the cvs case only on first checkout).

I just wanted to note that the wording "workaround a vcs bug" may be a
bit harsh (and as it turned out, this wasn't the case anyway).

Martin